Saturday, March 20, 2021

Different Sites, Different Results...

I now have my erotica on three active sites, this blog and one inactive site.  The results from them are different.

I recently stumbled on a link to "Crystal's Story Site."  It had been so long since I'd been to that site that I had completely forgotten about it.  For years though, it and Fictionmania were my "go to" sites for TG/CD/TS erotica.  And I got my writings published on both.  Crystal's however, looks to be a defunct site that is no longer updated and hasn't been so since 2009.

The bulk of my writings are up on Fictionmania.  Nifty Erotic Stories Archive has the second most number of them.  I'm rapidly posting my existing stories on Nifty to bring them both to the same level.  It's interesting to me that some of the stories I know I published on both Fictionmania and Nifty are no longer there.  "Breathe" in particular was one which I know I previously published on each of those sites but it has since disappeared.  

"Breathe" is one of the more intense tales I wrote.  I originally wrote and published it back in 2003 and decided to keep its then current references when I republished it this month.  I did tweak it a bit for continuity and to reflect my better writing abilities.  Otherwise though, it's the same as when I wrote it eighteen years ago.

My latest tale, "Playing the Part," has taken up a lot of my creative energies.  I just flowed with the writing of it as the subject just induced it.  That allowed me the luxury of publishing "chapters" to it each week while still being well ahead in my writing of it.  It's now up to 112 pages and is the largest work I've yet created.  And I'm not nearly done with the story arc.  I've a clear vision of where I want it to go and am getting close to that point.  But there's still quite a bit of storytelling to get there.

As I began publishing the chapters to "Playing the Part" I also reached back and began updating my previous multi-part tales - the "Therapy" and "Working the Club" tales.  It had been five years since I'd last touched on either of those two.  I was surprised it had been that long.  And I've encountered some interesting results as a result.

I've an account on Deviant Arts.  Some of the artwork there is quite engaging and inspiring.  While on there recently, about a month or two ago, I encountered a fellow fan of "TG erotica" - i.e. erotic tales involving gender alteration themes."  That individual was published on the Literotica site.  I'd hit up Literotica previously but it was "off the beaten path" for me.  As I was then in a frenzy of writing I decided to start publishing over on it as well.  I've found that experience to be... limiting.

I'm very used to what options Fictionmania presents.  They've a detailed story classification options with Categories and Key Words which make for excellent filtering and describing of tales.  Literotica doesn't.  Their one category for my preferred sort of fiction is "Transgender & Crossdresser" stories.  They do have various "Tags" you can specify but that too is limited.  There's only so many you can include for any one story.  Plus, they've a very limited ability to describe a story - 60 characters or less - which quite the contrast with Fictionmania's "Synopsis" feature that has no character limit.  

Nifty's options are different.  They allow for the subcategorization of tales within the overall "Transgender Stories" category with fifteen options.  There's no story description or synopsis ability offered.  Just the story title and no ability to categorize how explicit the tale is.  Only Fictionmania offers that.

I'm also now encountering content limits on Literotica.  The latest installment of "Working the Club" featured one character who was a "Nullo."  That is a male who hasn't just been castrated but also had his penis removed.  This, without any ensuing use of that tissue to create a vagina.  They'd been "nullified" as any genitalia goes.  It's an extreme thing, yes.  But I included that character to illustrate that extreme point.  

That story got bounced by Literotica for violating their content limits as regards "ertoticizing / glorifying" such an extreme thing.  Their rejection explanation laid it bare:

"While we happily publish stories of amputees (and their devotees) involved in sexual relations of all kinds, we do not post stories which eroticize/glorify the actual act of amputation. We also do not post stories sexualizing female or male circumcision, castration, genital mutilation, or other surgical removals."

Okay, fair enough.  Their site, their standards.  I can operate within them.  I do find them limiting however.  This, as I've found their publishing ability limited.  It takes days for a story to be published on their site.  Fictionmania and Nifty accomplish it within hours.

And I'm getting the sense that Literotica is more... "genteel" in its tolerances.  Again, fair enough.  Fictionmania doesn't have a category for beastiality tales but does have ones for incest and for tales involving "pre-teens."  Nifty does have a beastiality category.  Literotica is specific about excluding beastiality tales.

Different sites, different results.

I think I'll continue going through my backlog of tales to more fully flesh out onto Literotica what I've previously written and have reference to my blog so that readers from there can come over to here for the rest.

In the meantime, I'll continue working on the "big three" I'm currently running.  "Playing the Part" is at a major plot point.  "Therapy" is just now reaching one.  And "Working the Club" has to wrap things up in a satisfactory way.

So, I've a full plate when it comes to my writings!

No comments: